email gripe

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue Jul 7 19:47:01 CDT 2015

On 7/7/2015 4:18 PM, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> From: jwsmobile: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:43 PM
>> If there were a technical reason to keep it in a simple format that
>> would be fine, but as Al K pointed out quite some time ago, Google
>> already indexes all of this quite fine as it and most search engines
>> do, so the list is text searchable.
>
> For me, HTML mail is disdained because it's a security nightmare.
> I don't want to worry about transparent tracking images, cookies,
> javascript, and who knows what else they've invented or will invent.
>
> I just want to read what you've got to say.
>
> I might want to follow your link, if I have sufficient interest and
> trust, but I want to have to make that decision *before* entering the
> spy filled, all-singing, all-dancing hype arena.

I agree with this.  I am not aware of a useful reader of email which
supports html that does not block offline content.  Thunderbird requires
you hit a button to activate remote content.  I usually forward such to
a yahoo or gmail account if I have doubts about the embedded content.
However none of the emails I read are any different than a text
formatted message with summary blocking of where graphical  content will
appear.

What are you using which allows day zero type activation of any html
content?  As I said, I don't use any web based readers or archivers for
the reason you cite, but I've never had a problem with any content.