VT101 8085 CPU Fault

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 19 16:11:20 CST 2015

Bruce
> Sent: 19 January 2015 21:29
> To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
> Subject: Re: VT101 8085 CPU Fault
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 08:48:04PM -0000, Robert Jarratt wrote:

Unfortunately not. I already have that print set, but it is for the VT100,
this is a VT101 and the terminal controller board is different. Looking more
closely at the VT100 basic video board, some of the ROM part numbers are
similar to the ROM I have, but not the same. On the VT100 they seem to be
8316s which are mask programmable. I don't know if that applies to the ones
used in the VT101. If they are mask programmed then there won't be much I
can do if the ROM is bad, unless it is possible to find pin-compatible
programmable parts and a ROM image from somewhere.

Regards

Rob