VT101 8085 CPU Fault

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sun Jan 18 15:32:41 CST 2015

On 2015-01-18 22:12, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> [...]

All power pins are ok to the CPU?
I wouldn't care much for a logic analyzer at this point. A good scope
will tell you more. Nice sharp edges to signals when they shift. Times
that look reasonable... Steady levels, and correct levels.

>> If those are showing activity then the RD pin is either dead, or shorted
>> somewhere, I'd guess.
>

> RD and WR are active low, and they are both high, so I suppose they could be shorted high, but I don't know.

That will be very hard to verify without disconnecting the pins. So
let's focus on other things for the moment.

>> I hope you are checking the right pins... :-)
>
> Me too, although I have checked multiple times. I am using this page to give me the pinout: http://scanftree.com/microprocessor/Pin-Diagram-of-8085-and-Pin-description-of-8085

Well, I can't offer any more help on that one. Just a reflection.

	Johnny