Testing VT101 Power Supply

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 17 12:09:42 CST 2015

Yes, that is right. There is a big transformer and the outputs are 10V and
18V (the service guide for latter shows 20V on the diagram and says 16V in
the text!).

> I don't know about running them with no load, although I could well
believe the
> VT101 PSU will work correctly like that.

In the end I created a dummy load. The outputs all look fine and there is no
ripple. So I am very pleased with the state of the PSU. I am replacing a
couple of caps on the monitor control board, one because it has high ESR and
one (C439) because this page (https://trmm.net/VT100) says it is underrated.
Then I am going to have to bite the bullet and connect it up, hoping the
monitor control board is OK and isn't going to damage the flyback or
something else.

Regards

Rob