Restoration technique [Was: Re: Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000]

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Wed Jan 14 18:33:07 CST 2015

Wha? All I did was offer up some free space, bandwidth and static IPs when
various people expressed a need.

I didn't realize that Jay was the only person allowed to respond to those
kind of requests here so I'll say no more when such threads come up and
I'll leave it to him.

I don't understand why my just offering up some free hosting got Jay so
worked up where he needs to come in here and basically say, hey, everything
you are running is a joke, waste of time... and, I mean, fine, you can have
your own opinion of my home network, but I felt his messages ran deeper as
a personal attack against me and my level of skill as a professional
sysadmin.

If this list were running on my machines, the first thing I'd tell you is
that you don't owe me a darn thing for doing it.

I will leave if asked, after all, I guess it's Jay's sandbox.

Best,

Sean