Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Mon Jan 12 10:54:35 CST 2015

I think it can... I mean, am I the only one where playing with these old
machines, kept me good and busy, mentally occupied when I /wasn't/ getting
laid all those years as an awkward, scruffy kid? LOL. For some subset of
people... tech workers... EE/CS types ... I think an old computer can have
similar status, as a sentimental object... Not to mention, the /great
career/ and /success/ that resulted from playing with these old things when
I was a kid... I don't want to be overly crude... but... I will say it
worked for me... ;)

I will always have some nostalgia for those bits of technology that really
sparked the passion in me, got me where I am today. Others must feel
similarly, no?

Best,

Sean