olivetti programma 101 repair

Simon Claessen simski at dds.nl
Wed Jan 7 16:41:59 CST 2015

well,

Good news always has some bad news as well. After careful examining of
the 952 (no, not 850...) pins, I found 52 broken ones. As they are made
of a gold plated springy metal wire, I needed to find a replacement.
Size: 0,5mm diameter.

Guitar wires are out. They are way to flexible. I opted for fosfor
bronze wire, but could not find it in the shops in Amsterdam. Then I
stubled upon a shop selling beads and stuff to make bracelets and
earrings. They sell "memory wire", A very tough silver coated wire of
0.6mm. I have no idea what the alloy is, but the mechanical
characteristics are not bad.

The first clip I made fitted surprisingly good. now to find some time to
bend another 51...

Oh well.

--
Met vriendelijke Groet,