Understanding DECsystem 5100 Self Test Failure

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Jan 6 10:12:21 CST 2015

I don't think you'll get too far trying to run VMS on a DECstation... ;)

AFAIK the DECstations are 100% "hard power" and I think the MAC address is
hard-coded, not in NVRAM i.e like in a Sun, or a SGI Indy, so you can
probably just run the system as-is, it just won't autoboot and you get all
those errors at power-up.

I thought OP already tried swapping in the 12887 and it didn't work?

I heard about those scopes on, EEVblog, I think. Yikes!!

Best,

Sean