Catweasel support for N*

David Schmidt david at attglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 08:49:25 CST 2015

On 1/6/2015 7:31 AM, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> Does anyone have a version of 'cwns' more recent than 0.01?  It looks
> like Andrew Lynch wrote this, but Google did not turn up any work since
> 2007. It would be great to have a way to generate N* floppies on the CW
> card.

Does it somehow not work for you?  I have used it successfully to read,
but I admit I'm not interested in writing.  I too had a hard time
pinning down the source, and there hasn't been any work done on it since
then besides the following...

> Any suggestions or workarounds I'm overlooking?

I took the source and combined it with other Tim Mann-derived variants
to communicate to the Mac driver model in this project:
http://sourceforge.net/p/catweasel-osx/wiki/Home/

I didn't to much to his code besides fit it to the new backend, but I
note that it doesn't implement nearly the number of switches it says it
does:
http://sourceforge.net/p/catweasel-osx/wiki/cwns/