Understanding DECsystem 5100 Self Test Failure

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 5 11:43:34 CST 2015

battery.

I have kept the original, but I am not sure that it was faulty in the first
place. I think the fault is something else, but I am not sure what. I did
find some pages on how to "repair" one, but I would rather be sure it is
faulty now before trying to do anything to it. For the record the RTC
self-test passes successfully.

Regards

Rob

> I have the link some where if you cannot find it.
>
> I have an Alphaserver 4100 (running VMS) within arm's reach that is turned
off
> because of a dead DS1287, I have the parts but I have not found the time
to do
> the repair.  This conversation reminds me that I have put that off for too
long.

I would consider at least taking out the old one and soldering in a socket
so that if necessary it is easy to replace.

Regards

Rob