DEC papertape 5x5 font ?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Thu Feb 26 10:51:38 CST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 08:35:13PM +0100, Jos Dreesen wrote:
>Anyone has the DEC font, as used to mark their papertapes, ready in
>machine readable format ? ( C include file preferred )

I waasn't aware there was a standardized font.  Back when I was writing
lots of stand-alone programs in my 8/E's core and punching them out, I
wrote my own little program to punch text, and I got a kick out of the
fact that it was easier to do in machine language than it would have been
in PAL-D, since PAL doesn't have binary;  but keying in the char-gen table
was easy to do by just turning my head sideways while I looked at the
(binary) switch register, and picturing the characters going by.

John Wilson
D Bit