ab20 archive

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 13:31:17 CST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:52:24PM -0600, John Foust wrote:
> At 09:21 AM 8/12/2014, Al Kossow wrote:
[...]
>> That would be a good thing. Early Walnut Creek CDROMs aren't very common. It
>> looks like I only have ten from 1992 to 1994.

I've got a few knocking about in storage which contain early Linux
distributions. I'm not sure they're particularly rare or unusual, which is why
I haven't bothered to dig them out and make images yet.

> For the record, I found my Walnut Creek AB20 CD and sent an ISO to Jacob and
> Al. I'm cleaning and hunting, so I might find Aminet, too.

archive.org contains a full set of Aminet CDs from 1 through 52 (the first two
being Walnut Creek) and also Aminet Sets 1-3 and 9, and Aminet Games. The first
Aminet CD also seems to contain a mirror of AB20 and can be downloaded via
https://archive.org/details/aminet-walnut-creek-1.

https://archive.org/details/aminet-2 actually contains Aminet 12, and so you'll
be wanting https://archive.org/details/aminet-walnut-creek-2 for Aminet 2. My
physical CD of Aminet 3 has different contents to the version on archive.org,
and although I can see *what* the differences are, I'm unclear on the *why*. My
other handful of Aminet CDs are bitwise identical.

At some point I really should figure out how to provide errata and new uploads
for archive.org.