Pascal not considered harmful - was Re: Rich kids are into COBOL

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Wed Feb 18 17:18:11 CST 2015

I found Pascal a useful bridge between BASIC and "real programming
languages" (really C, I guess) when I was quite young. So as an pedagogical
language, I would say served me well. I will echo, as a kid who had a Mac
growing up, it was a lot easier to figure out the Toolbox bindings in
Pascal when I was playing with producing GUI apps! Saved having to convert
string formats as well :O

Best,

Sean