Rich kids are into COBOL

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Feb 17 16:55:05 CST 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, ben wrote:
> Was FORTRAN portable or did most jobs fit only the large mainframes at
> the time?

End of February 1979, Microsoft released FORTRAN for the TRS80.  They had
announced it months before, but it got delayed.  I got the first few
copies on my way home from the eclipse (had Bob Wallace meet me in the
Seattle airport, otherwise, it would have been delayed further)

Microsoft FORTRAN for the PC was unimpressive.
Integer sieve of Erastothanes ran slower than interpreted BASIC!

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com