DEC MKA11 and/or M8261/M8163

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Feb 12 13:06:41 CST 2015

On 2015-02-12 19:38, Eric Smith wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2015 3:24 AM, "Johnny Billquist" <bqt at update.uu.se> wrote:
>> I don't think that 11/72 is a valid designation. All documentation I've
> read only calls it an 11/74, no matter how many CPUs you have.
>
> Neither is a "valid designation", since neither was orderable. Some
> internal DEC documentation on the multiprocessor systems referred to an
> 11/72, some didn't.  Even for relased products there were often changes in
> the designations before release. The marketing people have to appear to be
> doing *something* to justify all the money they spend.

Well, the 11/74 designation do exist in plenty of documentation, even if
it never was a product sold. There were lots of things made inside DEC
that never was sold. They still had names.

But the 11/72 designation is not something I can find in any
documentation. The 11/74 designation on the other hand is something you
can find in lots of places.

	Johnny