Failed ICs and components

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:19:48 CST 2015

When I was repairing my HP9810 (
http://www.datormuseum.se/computers/hewlett-packard/hp9810a) I replaced 13
TTL ICs. 12 out of 13 were National Semiconductor, one was Signetics. There
were all sorts of TTL types, 7400, 7402, 74H40, 74H53, 7474 etc. I sent 6
to Marc Verdiell that X-rayed them but there were no apparent fault visible
from those X-rays. I still have six or seven left that I can send to you if
you like. They are all manufactured around 1972.