imitation game movie

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:01:09 CST 2015

Those would have been the IBM 2260 terminals, but they were beyond
dumb - they were retarded. Each 2260 was more or less just a video
monitor and a keyboard encoder. The brains were all in the 2848
control unit, which had mercury delay lines to service a number of
2260s (maybe up to 16 I think?).

The bad news is that if you ever find a 2260, it will just be another
chrome doughnut in your collection, being useless without a 2848,
which likely just do not exist anymore.

--
Will