imitation game movie

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Feb 10 21:57:06 CST 2015

On 02/10/2015 11:56 AM, Dave G4UGM wrote:
> Just because Turing didn't build a computer doesn't mean
> he wasn't the father of computing. The work he did defined
> both what a computer is, and allowed us to divide problems
> into those which can be solved on a computer, and those
> where the computer can guess the answer enough times that
> it will eventually get it right. Dave Wade G4UGM
OH, I don't mean to take away from the large contributions
Turing made!
He contributed some REAL fundamental understanding of what
you needed
to have to make a computer useful and flexible.  I was just
bugged by
some places that claim he is the SINGULAR father, period.
That is
clearly false, a LOT of other incredible people contributed
a lot of
really great ideas.

And, Alan Turing is credited with the design of the ACE,
which was built and run before
he died.

Jon