11/23 clock issue

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Tue Feb 10 15:21:14 CST 2015

Brent Hilpert wrote:

[..]

Oh yes Brent, now, since you've corrected every single bit from what I
say'd, do you feel better?

I'm repairing TTL based circuits and old computers for more than 30 years
now and I still have to find an defective 74S240 with an Input at 2 Volts
that destroyed an Xtal-Oscilltor Output.

Oh yes, it's possible, maybe I'll struggle about one in the next 30 years,
maybe not.

Maybe I find one that read's the open input as Low and it ready High when I
connect it with an pullup Resistor to Vcc. (learned that's the real test)
For sure I won't leave it on the pcb.

Do what you want, you always know better.

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741