New BBS in Maryland

Mike Whalen mikew at thecomputervalet.com
Mon Feb 9 09:41:04 CST 2015

On February 9, 2015 at 9:39:02 AM, Jim MacKenzie (jim at photojim.ca) wrote:

VoIP lines *can* work for modems. I have done 33.6kbps connections on Vonage in the past. HST modems seem to work better than v.34/v.90/v.92 modems on VoIP though.
Sometime I’ve always been curious about (but not enough to try it myself yet) is how SLOW can the connections go? Could you establish a 300 baud connection? 110?

Avoiding the question of WHY for them moment...

Cheers,

VoIP lines *can* work for modems. I have done 33.6kbps connections on Vonage in the past. HST modems seem to work better than v.34/v.90/v.92 modems on VoIP though.

Jim