RA-81 issues

Jerry Wright g-wright at att.net
Mon Feb 9 00:06:52 CST 2015

Well to sum it all up,  long term project. started last summer so re-capping
what was done then and now.  All of the RA-81's  Look to have bad Tack

sensors. I don't have a working one to try.   Thanks, Kevin for the input

helps confirm what I have been seeing.

The cable on the right is for the belt tension. The brake is part of the motor
most likely electric  I would guess.

The service manual has the wiring wrong on the tack plug so be careful.

The print set for these on Bitsavers is missing pages that cover the Read/
Write board which is part of the tack system.

If anyone has a complete copy of the print set or knows where one is ??

Please let me Know.

Thanks,  Jerry