Microdata disk/tape images

Armin Diehl ad at ardiehl.de
Sat Feb 7 05:51:32 CST 2015

On 02/05/2015 10:19 PM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
> Long shot, but does anyone know of any available disk/tape/paper tape/ROM images for any of the Microdata machines (800/1600) or the relatives (Intertechnique Multi-8/Multi-4, MAI Basic Four BB-II)?
>
> There’s a bit of documentation available - Bitsavers has a bit, and I have some MAI documentation that I’m in the process of scanning.  I’m toying with the idea of emulating this machine, but I’m having difficulty locating any software for it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ian
Not exactly that, however, i may have something for BB-IV but i think
these ones used cpu's developed by basic four. I have one 14" harddisk
from a model 210 as well as a disk pack for a basic four 510, both
should be bootable. I have the machines/drives as well but not yet tried
to fire them up. The 210 came with a tape 1/4" drive but i dont have any
tapes.

I also thought about writing an emulator but i have not yet found the
manuals for the cpus used (1300 CPU Technical Manual / M1300 Series CPU
Organisation and Description Reference Manual). I have scanned the
available documentation and it is saved at Al's bitsaves site (pdf/mai/).

The 210: http://www.ardiehl.de/basicfour/mai210/pics/small/index.html
The 510: http://www.ardiehl.de/basicfour/mai510/pics/small/
Harddisk: http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/mai/BFISD8052_Model_2460_Fixed_Media_Disk_Drive_ServiceManual_1981.pdf
Disk Drive: http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/mai/BFISD8006_Model_2500_Fixed_Disk_Drive_ServiceManual_1979.pdf