Incandescent lights

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Feb 6 20:33:21 CST 2015

On 02/06/2015 11:42 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 02/06/2015 09:35 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>> These things are NOT cheap, but I'm expecting to get
>> better life than most
>> of the commercial units, which I think have crummy
>> thermal design. I think
>> they work out well.
>
> Commercial drop-in replacements have been available for
> some time.  E.g.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Brightest-Fluorescent-Replacement-Approved/dp/B008XHVAA6
>

> Not a bad price (comparatively)  either.
These also scare me, because they look just like fluorescent
tubes, but will almost
certainly get fried if put into a fixture with a rapid-start
ballast.  These drop in to
the FIXTURE and socket, but the ballast needs to be removed
and rewired.
Also, if somebody ever put a standard fluorescent into one
of these modified
fixtures, it might be messy.

Jon