Did Dr. Marc Dean Design the IBM PC or was it Lewis Eggebrecht

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Feb 6 15:17:50 CST 2015

I knew Marc from the System/23 Datamaster project (which I also worked on).  I was still working
on some aspects of System/23 when the PC was born.  Dr. David Bradley (who wrote the original
BIOS) worked in the office across the hall from mine.  I knew that the PC project was going on
but didn't know all of the players at the very start so I can't recall where Marc fit in relation to
Lew.  However, Lew was a manger and Marc was an engineer, so I don't see the statements
as being incompatible.

BTW, Marc was the last person I worked for at IBM before I left.  At that point he was an IBM VP
and an IBM Fellow.

TTFN - Guy