Radio Shack

John Many Jars john at yoyodyne-propulsion.net
Fri Feb 6 02:47:46 CST 2015

On 6 February 2015 at 07:33, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 11:43:55PM +0000, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> [...]
> > [Maplin's] on line store is still good for some hard to get components.

I won't do business with Maplin any more.  Not ever.

They are cretins.  I've had really bad experiences with the video cards
they sell, in particular.  They tend to fail in days or weeks, and then
Maplin will refuse to accept them back unless they are completely dead.
They insist on "testing" them, which means you have to wait *weeks* for
them to turn around and tell you that the card is "fine" because they can
plug it into a bench machine and get video.

Never mind that as soon as you use a video mode above 800x600, the display
fails because the memory is reject garbage or something.  I wouldn't buy a
fuse there.

--
Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems:  "The Future Begins Tomorrow"
Visit us at: http://www.yoyodyne-propulsion.net

--------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -- Jonathan Swift