Microdata disk/tape images

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Feb 5 17:58:16 CST 2015

On 2/5/2015 1:58 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 2/5/15 1:19 PM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
>> Long shot, but does anyone know of any available disk/tape/paper
>> tape/ROM images for any of the Microdata machines (800/1600) or the
>> relatives (Intertechnique Multi-8/Multi-4, MAI Basic Four BB-II)?
>>

> It's a bit more complicated than that. Jim Stephens will probably pipe
> in, but there
> is a microcode layer that was specific to the vendor, so even if you
> have the
> hardware, it will not run software from someone else

This may double post, repeating sending.

Short answer is yes.  but the whole story will require quite a bit of
information about what you have and want to do.  Contact offline, as
this sort of thread could get very long.

and probably bore  people for quite a bit of it. I'll be glad to help
you figure out what you have if that is why you are asking.  if you want
to make a list for some project, I can probably help with that too.
jim