Microdata disk/tape images

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Feb 5 16:22:46 CST 2015

On 2/5/2015 1:58 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 2/5/15 1:19 PM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
>> Long shot, but does anyone know of any available disk/tape/paper
>> tape/ROM images for any of the Microdata machines (800/1600) or the
>> relatives (Intertechnique Multi-8/Multi-4, MAI Basic Four BB-II)?
>>

> It's a bit more complicated than that. Jim Stephens will probably pipe
> in, but there
> is a microcode layer that was specific to the vendor, so even if you
> have the
> hardware, it will not run software from someone else
Short answer is yes.  but the whole story will require quite a bit of
information about what you have and want to do.  Contact offline, as
this sort of thread could get very long.

and probably bore the hell out of people for quite a bit of it. I'll be
glad to help you figure out what you have if that is why you are
asking.  if you want to make a list for some project, I can probably
help with that too.
jim