GNT-4601 punch cable help

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Feb 1 23:19:55 CST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 20:43, Mike Loewen <mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us> wrote:
>

>   I have a box of old HP paper tapes to read, and am having an awful time trying to build the right serial cable to connect a GNT-4601 reader/punch to a Linux PC.  Does anyone have a known good cable diagram and stty settings that will work?  Thank.

I've connected my GNT4604 to my Mac. I believe I used 4800 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, nardware (RTS/CTS) handshaking. I don't recall needing to do anything unusual for the cable. I have a technical manual for the 4604/4606 if you need it; I don't know how helpful it would be for a 4601.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/