Piggybacking 74LS logic chips to confirm a suspected fault

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Dec 25 15:29:43 CST 2015

On 12/25/2015 01:10 PM, William Donzelli wrote:

> OK, I misunderstood you. No, I have never seen one of those that was
> not a turned pin type.

TI also sold some wire-wrap sockets (gold-plated to their credit) with
"forked" type contacts which were welded(?) to the wrap posts.  They had
the annoying habit of separating the post from the contact fork if
stressed too much.  Made for some frustrating debugging.

I learned my lesson early on--use Augat sockets.  Your time is worth
more than the expense.

--Chuck