Anyone fancy a laugh?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Dec 21 16:34:57 CST 2015

    > From: Adrian Graham

    > Overblown salesmanship aside, technically I suppose they're right.

Well, I don't think so. According to Wikipedia (I know, I know), the Lisa was
released on January 19, 1983, but the Xerox Star (AKA Dandelion):

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Star

was introduced in 1981, almost two years before. The Star was supposed to be
a commercial product version of the Alto, and although it had many issues, it
did have an advanced version of the graphic-based user interface that is now
universal - icons, etc, etc. And it had a mouse.

	Noel