VAX 4000-500 PSU Overload?

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 19 13:18:36 CST 2015

Ah! So that is what those things are! I definitely think this one is
detecting something wrong and shutting down the 12V side. I have just been
doing some tests with a dummy load and the 12V side will come up and then go
down a few moments later, sometimes it will stay up, it seems a bit random.
Presumably then, there is something wrong with the overcurrent detection.

I will have to look into how you test these, or perhaps just replace them
and see what happens.

Regards

Rob