IDE knowledge anyone?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Dec 12 19:19:26 CST 2015

On 12/12/2015 03:38 PM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> No, I'm only polling the regular status register. The Interrupt pins
> are not connected. My application is single threaded anyway so
> polling is fine for me - I would wait anyhow until the interrupt
> occured.

Hmmm, that could be the issue.  I remember (and even have code IF-ed
out) to do ATA sans interrupt and it would run into problems.  I found
that waiting for the interrupt to hit fixed the instability.  Granted,
this was in simple x86 code, but if I didn't have to put the ISR code
in, I wouldn't have done it--as it it makes things a bit more complicated.

FWIW, I can pass you the code I was using circa 1999.  It might shed
some illumination.

--Chuck