[cctalk] Re: TOP POSTING

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Fri Dec 11 20:00:51 CST 2015

From: Liam Proven
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:54 AM

> On 10 December 2015 at 20:42, Rich Alderson <RichA at livingcomputermuseum.org> wrote:

Two cultures separated by a common language, and all that.

According to the dictionaries of American English which I just consulted, it is
refers to small-time gamblers and others who make limited cash outlays.  Hmm.

In nearly 60 years of reading and watching movies and television program(me)s,
the internalized definition I have for it is any person who does something in a
small way.  Usually used jokingly.  Thus, that your collected e-mail is two
decades' less duration than mine leads to such a description.

Certainly no offense intended.

>> On the subject line topic, I read this list via an Exchange/Outlook setup,
> [...]
>>  Simple.  Quick.

> This must be some strange new usage of the words "simple" and "quick"
> that I wasn't previously aware of.

Well, given that I first learned EMACS (to give the TECO spelling) when you
were all of 8 years old, the method I described *is* simple and quick, for me.
Isn't this the Old Geezers club? :-)

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/