TOP POSTING (was: RE: Best 200 buck I have ever spent!!! Deal of a lifetime!!!

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Dec 11 18:49:48 CST 2015

> On Dec 11, 2015, at 4:43 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
>
>>> It's a total waste of time having to re-read all the unnecessary crap
>>> many times just to get to a one sentence reply.
>
> IFF people were to be considerate and delete/trim/remove all of the irrelevant parts of the quoted material, then the placement of the reply would not matter.  We are arguing over which is the best way to work around refusal to trim by lazy inconsiderate people.
>
>> That is _exactly_ why quotes should be trimmed for relevance.

I agree.  I prefer top posting in those cases because then I don’t have to scroll through *pages* of text that I’ve already read just to find one or two lines of text.

I’m at the point now that if I can’t see the reply on the first page of an email (which given my screen size and font combination is about 60 lines), I ignore it (and silently curse bottom posting).  ;-)

TTFN - Guy