TOP POSTING (was: RE: Best 200 buck I have ever spent!!! Deal of a lifetime!!!

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:39:07 CST 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Jules Richardson <
jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't for the life of me get it to thread this list nicely. It works
> everywhere else, and is reasonably capable, but for some posts here it
> insists on starting a new thread for the same subject, or burying a new
> thread (i.e. different subject) deep within an existing one.
>
> I think the former problem is down to a missing 'references' line in a
> message (anything from certain posters, e.g. Noel Chiappa and Ed Sharpe,
> seems to trigger it). The latter problem I think is when someone replies to
> a message purely as a way of populating the 'to' field and then completely
> changes the subject line.

I've used mutt's threading features to manually split or join threads when
those things happen, but since I'm using GMail through it, it seems that
Google's idea of what threads are take precedence and they go back to the
way they were.

--
        Eric Christopherson