TOP POSTING

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Dec 10 15:20:00 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 02:09:45PM +0000, Rod Smallwood wrote:

> So I'll put it down here.

Thank you!!

> Hang on a mo if you do that you have to read all the messages backwards.

No, you don't.  If the text from the message one is replying to is properly
trimmed, leaving just enough context for the reply to make sense it's very
easy to follow.  There's no reading backwards or jumping around required.
Combine that with a mail client that can properly thread messages and even
high volume mailing lists are easy to follow.  Well, aside from posters who
break threads when they reply.  I think that mainly happens when some folks
reply to digest e-mails instead of replying to the original message.  On
high volume lists I usually ignore such replies, unless it's a really
interesting topic.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.