Maximizing value selling a working 11/34

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 8 14:08:13 CST 2015

    > I seriously doubt the splitting of the H960 from its feet or not will
    > influence the outcome of a job position.

I don't know, because I don't know enough about their exact financial state.

But it doesn't matter, for two reasons: First, given that it's for a good
cause, it shouldn't matter; it will help, that's all one needs to know.
Second, even if it weren't for a good cause, "the splitting of the H960 from
its feet" is - or should be - No Big Deal anyway. It's not like the parts are
going to be melted down, or anything; they will just be re-arranged.

So someone who has e.g. a three-bay system, with feet on the two end
cabinets, would probably be quite happy with a fourth bay without feet. And
at the same time, someone who has a one-bay system with no feet would
probably be ecstatic to finally find feet. Everyone's happy, all the parts
are in good homes; where, exactly, is the problem?

	Noel