Evotek Winchester Harddisk

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Sun Dec 6 15:44:13 CST 2015

The Evotek drive initially used the notoriously unreliable Ampex Alar plated media; whether they ever upgraded to sputtered media is uncertain.  It probably should be avoided.

I would look for an replacement drive using oxide media.  The nice thing about oxide media is it came pre-corroded so that's one thing not to worry about in a 35 year old drive

Tom