Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:25:02 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Rod Smallwood
<rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have a TU-58 and yes it had gooey drive wheels.
> Now it no longer has that problem but I have black and gooey fingers.!!!


> I know this issue has been addressed before.


> So I think somebody must know where I can get the right tubing to replace
> the degraded stuff.
> The drive hub is 0.42" and the rubber bit was 0.62" o/d

I've used 5/8" (0.625") OD Tygon tubing, often used for aquarium lines
and drainage lines.  I just get a snip off the roll, place it over the
end of the cleaned hub, and slice it to the right height to provide a
"wheel" as wide as the original.

> A UK source would be nice,

Can't help you with that.  I get my Tygon at the hardware store.  No
idea what sizes you would have there.


More information about the cctalk mailing list