[multicians] Emacs humor

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Dec 1 19:43:51 CST 2015

Nice.

But, of course, Emacs was not developed on Lisp machines. TECO was a DEC
edtior/language, and Emacs came about on PDP-10 machines. I think
originally with ITS, but it could also be ran on TOPS-20.

About the cokebottle reference, here's the quote from JARGON.TXT:

COKEBOTTLE n. Any very unusual character.  MIT people complain about
    the "control-meta-cokebottle" commands at SAIL, and SAIL people
    complain about the "altmode-altmode-cokebottle" commands at MIT.

So that really did not have anything to do with Emacs. But this is all
ancient history by now, and I'm not surprised history has twisted some
facts... :-)

	Johnny