VMS drivers

Sue Skonetski Sue.Skonetski at VMSSoftware.com
Fri Aug 28 12:19:16 CDT 2015

I am very interested in these drivers!

I am new to the group please let me know the proper procedure/process.

Thanks so much,

Sue Skonetdki
VMS Software Inc.,

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, guys,
>
> While rummaging through recovered backups from my MicroVAX I found a few items that might be of interest to the group.
>
> I got an MDB mag tape interface (quite possibly the ONLY Pertec Unformatted controller ever made for Q-bus) that follows the MT-11 register format.  There was no driver for this.  I got a homebrew MT-11 driver for Unibus machines from somebody at work, and hacked it up to assemble for VMS 4.7 and adjust to the quirks of the MDB board (which were REALLY minor).
>
> I also have a driver for my Jupiter 7 for the MicroVAX.  Thus used a DRV11-WA DMA interface with some wire-wrapped glue logic to adapt to the Jupiter's 50-pin interface bus.  It is based on the stock DRV11-WA driver, with some additional logic to handle the handshakes between Jupiter and the DRV11.  Additionally, I built a graphics library based on the NASA min-Vicar image processing suite, which was a hideous hack job that ran on the PDP-11.  That used pre-assigned, numbered files.  I generalized it to use normal VMS files of arbitrary size, but otherwise kept most of the original functions.  I used the VMS table driven parser, tparse, to parse most of the commands.
>
> I also knew a fair bit about Versatec printers back then, if anybody ever wants to get one of those hideous machines running.
>
> If anybody is interested in these drivers, etc. let me know.
>
> Jon

Sue Skonetski

VP of Customer Advocacy
Sue.Skonetski at vmssoftware.com
Office: +1 (978) 451-0116
Mobile: +1 (603) 494-9886

Mit freundlichen Grüßen – Avec mes meilleures salutations