Silent 785 docs?

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Sat Aug 22 20:22:16 CDT 2015

I had written....
----
Anyone have operators and/or service manual for the Silent 785?
----

Still looking for the manual, but... found a quick reference guide inside
the unit. I had seen it before, but didn't see the note on the back at the
bottom regarding configuration. Long story short, by default it uses the
acoustic coupler rather than the db25 on the back. I'll record it here for
posterity, since I don't see any docs on this unit online at all.

The incantation is:
CMD key, C for config mode and you get a question mark. You type your option
followed by return. To exit config mode, hit enter to exit with report of
saved config, or hit reset key to exit with no report. Note, enter and
return are separate keys.

The options which made it use the db25 on the back:

Modem type:
111 = autoselect interface

Method:
13 = 103/113/212/3400/full-duplex