More on manuals plus rescue

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Aug 21 14:00:28 CDT 2015

That's odd, as long as I can remember, Lucent/Avaya distributed the manuals
at least for their PBX and key products pretty openly; Nortel tried to keep
them more closely held but eventually relented, too. Carrier-grade stuff
(i.e. 5ESS and SL-100/DMS-100) was always another story, of course. I don't
recall ever having any issues getting needed documentation when bringing my
Definity up and that was circa maybe 2008? Of course, the Definity is so
easy to figure out, you hardly need a manual ... Definitely need them on
the Meridian though :O

Best,

Sean