Larry Niven's Altair

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Thu Aug 20 09:30:26 CDT 2015

On 8/20/2015 3:32 AM, Randy Dawson wrote:
> Who picked this up -
>
> I may have some cash for the buyer to mate it with my new ASR33, on its way via crate and freight.
>
> Anybody got debug and startup tips on the 33, it probably has been siting for a while.
> (like who has the melted hammer replacements and such, tape and paper sources)
>
> I assume all the 8K, 4K BASICs are in public domain by now.  The demo for the kids will be the 15 minutes of paper tape, followed by READY.
>
> Randy

Bad assumption.  Things that were actually registered even if there was
no notice, or published with a copyright notice would still be protected
under U.S. copyright.

https://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

Has a nice understandable synopsis.

However, they do seem to be readily available here and there.

JRJ