Probs w. M3119 CXY08 MUX on VAX VMS 7.3

dave at mitton.com dave at mitton.com
Wed Aug 19 14:33:12 CDT 2015

 From: Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net>

> Ok. RSTS does indeed check for duplicate vectors. It also checks for
> devices interrupting at too high a priority.

> It?s pretty neat code. Back in 1977 or so when that came out, it may
> have been one of the first autoconfig systems, at least in DEC. It
> could probe almost all devices supported by RSTS (and some not
> supported); the exceptions being card readers and the DT07 bus switch.
> But it would do hairy things like the KMC-11 and DMC-11, for example.

Wait?  What was tricky about KMCs and DMCs?  They used the same
algorithms, I had it down cold at the time.
Speaking of which, I have one copy of the KMC-11A Programmer's Guide if
anyone needs it or would like to scan it?

Dave (KMC-11 Tools Developer, RSX and VMS)

PS: I used ALGOLW on MTS in one of my ECE classes because we could
represent processor registers and operations using bit arrays/vectors
and boolean operations.  Thus building working models of systems in
code.