More on manuals plus rescue

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:18:38 CDT 2015

> Actually, their collection was unique and contained a lot of material which
> others' libraries (either dead tree or digital) do not contain. This year, I
> purchased many one of a kind manuals from Manuals Plus for equipment ranging
> from the 1940s to 1980s that I've had sitting around for 10-15+ years. No
> one else had those manuals, period.

Except for a really tiny percentage of unique (or really scarce)
manuals, all these hoards contain mostly the same stuff. HP, Tek, and
the military printed huge quantities of manuals - far beyond the
number of actual pieces of equipment.

Last year, when I cleaned out the Radio Research library (roughly 18
pallets and gaylords) worth, I certainly found some very scarce docs
for test equipment, but by far most of it was the same old same old.

--
Will