Classic programming

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 9 13:22:53 CDT 2015

And I think I may not have enough 13A sockets to run one of those in my house anyway :-)

I didn't know there was an emulator (never looked to be honest). I will add it to my to-do list, but my knowledge of these machines is absolutely zero. So getting something going might be a challenge, especially as it looks like I would also need to find some OS media somewhere as well.

I do recall learning about the theoretical architecture of the scoreboard though when I was at University. The University had, iirc, a CDC Cyber 17<something>, which I used for one of the programming courses (Pascal I think), but I disliked it having come from using a DECSYSTEM-20.

Now that I think about it, I did do a course on Algol68 at University (although I knew the language already, having learned it on the DEC machine), and it may well have been on that Cyber. I can't remember the dialect though, may have been Algol68R.

Regards

Rob