PDP11/70 on ebay

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Sat Apr 25 12:29:19 CDT 2015

On 4/25/15 9:41 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Douglas Taylor
>
>      > Sure is nice looking and expensive...
>
> I can't figure out if that price ($5K) is reasonable or not. I have
> previously dealt with that seller on another item, a dead/banged-up 11/05
> that another list member wound up buying; the seller's asking price on that
> was a little high (based on the average of sales since then for that class of
> machine), but not an integral factor high, as often seen on eBay (or an order
> of magnitude high, also to be seen on eBay).
>
> My guess, given how rare they are now, the fact that it's complete (including
> all cables - often cut/removed), etc, etc is that this is once again in the
> ballpark, if on the high end. Am I confused?

For what is there it seems to me that this is a reasonable price. Even
though it's
being sold "as-is" it appears relatively unmolested.  I don't expect
that it would be
all that difficult to get running (the tape drive is a different
matter...but the problem
with them is generally understood and just "work").

TTFN - Guy