Late-model Hercules card

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Apr 21 17:17:47 CDT 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Jules Richardson wrote:

> I'm still surprised that there was a market for new Hercules boards in 1990,
> although I suppose it's possible that it was part of a batch made for a
> specific contract. That 4" of bare PCB is just weird, too, perhaps suggesting
> that it was made for a specific application where having the card secured at
> both ends was useful.

 FWIW as I remember in Poland there were still new deployments of HGC
clone installations in early 1990s, like 1992 or so, in education.  That
stuff was presumably much cheaper, being phased out by VGA.  The boards I
remember from that period were were highly integrated and much smaller
though, like about the length of an 8-bit ISA slot which is what they
took.  A printer port was included of course.

  Maciej