Hand-wired core for ROM?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Apr 10 11:16:04 CDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Rod Smallwood wrote:

> Not seamstresses but nimble fingered girls in Puerto Rico and the Phillipines
> Core was in effect ROM. Power the system down switch off and anytime later
> turn it back on and whatever was
> in core was still there. I can remember our  Field Service guys restarting
> the final factory diagnositc on new systems.

I understand how core works, I'm just _seriously_ doubting the guy's post
where he talked about modifying a core "ROM" by hand by changing the
wiring.  However, since I'm not hugely familiar with what went on during
that era, I want to make sure where I stand before I tell him he's full of
it. :)

g.
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007